Many men are too proud to admit when their shaving cream irritates their face. While we are instilled that shaving with cream is an absolute must to avoid cuts there are other alternatives that are both healthier for the skin and more comfortable. Just released from Carley’s, is a new concept to shaving: Shaving Butter!
Using a shaving butter with silicone-free ingredients that naturally lubricate (including exotic ingredients from such places India’s Butter Tree), the skin can get a closer shave that doesn’t irritate later.
- Do a Clear & Smooth treatment to the skin with special attention to the beard and mustache area. A hot shower with exfoliation will open the pores nicely.
- Apply a thin layer of the shaving butter to the areas to be shaved. a Finger full of the shaving cream should be enough.
- Lather with the Natural Soap and apply to the areas to be shaved.
- Shave with fresh razor, re-applying more butter as needed.
- Rinse with warm water, extracting excess water with fingers. Don’t towel dry, leave face wet!
- Apply moisturizer to wet face, rub into skin until fully absorbed (Kukui Nut and Regeneration are my favorites for this step).
While we are plainly directing the use of facial shaving, women shouldn’t hesitate to the use the very same treatments. The special nature of the ingredients that go onto your skin create a smoothness in your shaving that you won’t see anywhere else.
Another key is a sharp blade. Here’s a trick that will help you get a closer shave and save you a lot of money: Buy a razor strop.This is a strip of leather barbers use to sharpen a straight razor. Believe it or not it will also sharpen regular safety razor blades. I’m getting well over 2 months out of a blade and the blade stays very sharp.
Carley’s Shaving Butter
Carley’s Acne Treatment