From: Wendy B
Email: EMAIL WITHHELD
I have been wanting to write to you for so long! I have had rosacea for
about 10 Years. I began exploring options for treatment by going to a
dermatologist, like most people do. I was not satisfied when one after
another, each doctor recommended oral antibiotics which I was not interested
in taking at all!I suffered through an agonizing 6 or 7 more years trying
different topical treatments, recommended by doctors. One day, while I was
at the school where I work, a parent asked me if I had rosacea. I told her
that I did and she recommended Carly’s Soap because it had worked so well
for her. I ordered it right away. From the first day I used it, I could not
believe the difference it made in my skin. This has never been more obvious
than recently when, sitting at a local restaurant, a lady complimented me on
my beautiful skin. I have never in my life been complimented on such a
thing! I almost cried. I thought about all of the years I spent covering my
face with my hands, which only made my acne worse. Thank you so much for
your products. I LOVE everything I have tried and I have my daughter’s
boyfriend using the cleanser and soap also. He is a welder and his skin
stays hot, greasy, and wet. His acne had been VERY bad until he started
using Carly’s Soap. WE hope you never stop making these products. Sincerely,
I don’t usually shamelessly plug customers reviews like this but this one really made my day!
Whether you find success in Carley’s or another company, you should know that there’s always something out there that can help you. Sometimes it takes going pH neutral or getting rid of benzoyl peroxide completely from your skin care routine.
Products Wendy mentioned:
Carley’s Natural Soap
Carley’s Clear & Smooth Acne Cleanser
Despite what the label says, Carley’s products tend to be very dynamic. The reason why is that the product lines are consistent with similar base ingredients and the same quality control processed throughout. Even the pH is kept about the same!
Due to the moisturizing nature of many of the products, we’ve seen people have success with a wide range of products they’ve tried. Some consider these products universal in their uses – Especially the soap. What are some cool “off-label” uses we’re talking about?
- Rashes – Customers come to use everyday telling us that their pesky skin rashes went away after applying the Eczema Cream w/ Black Seed Oil.
- Burns and chapped lips – The Kukui Nut Body Lotion and Exotic Butter Night Time Moisturizer worked amazingly on my 2nd degree burns, cooling the skin better than any store-bought Aloe Vera cream ever could. I even use it on my lips when chapped if the Lip Balm isn’t nearby.
- Makeup base – Hair and Makeup Artist Jenny Karl swears by the Virgin Coconut Moisturizer. She uses it as a base before applying makeup for her clients. And yes that includes some pretty famous actors, models and fitness clients!
- Wart remover – The Clear & Smooth exfoliant worked wonders on a pesky skin wart I had. Apply a small amount and cover with duct tape (duct tape seals the skin better for warts). Here’s a full write-up I did on wart removal.
- Dandruff – I’ve found that the new Tea Tree Oil Cream will actually ward off dandruff from forming. Apply to the scalp, rub down for 15-30 seconds and then let sit on the scalp for 3-5 minutes.
- Male pattern baldness – This one may be a stretch but I use the Clear & Smooth exfoliant in my scalp every day. Studies show that stimulating the scalp increases oxygen to the blood under the skin and nothing is better than an exfoliant. Factor in the good ingredients in the Clear & Smooth and you have something that has miraculously prevented me from seeing the same balding effects that every other male (and female) in my family has seen. Full write-up here.
- Sunblocker, burn cover-up – The Mineral Makeup Foundation is a great sunblocker for your face. Even better, it’s the perfect cover-up for burns. The worse thing you can do for a large burn is to expose it to sunburns. Avoid scarification by blocking the sun over the burn. It doesn’t hurt your appearance to block a bad burn anyways.
- Facial shaving – The Daytime Moisturizer works as a great facial shaver. Even better than Daytime is now the Hair (yes, hair) Conditioner.
It’s not just us that have found amazing uses for Carley’s products. Our customers were asked what “off-label” uses they found for these products:
- Shampoo, shaving cream, piercing/tattoo cleaner, dandruff – “I use the soap as shampoo, shaving cream, piercing and tattoo cleaners. The moisturizer in my hairline and eyebrows to prevent dandruff flakes, and it works! I brag about how universal the soap is to all my friends, hahah.” – Samantha
- Facial Shaving – “I’ll start out this topic by saying my guilty pleasure is shaving with our hair conditioner. I know this sounds weird, but it works really well. I get a pepperminty smooth shave. The same properties that help the hair and scalp seem to help the blade cut the beard more easily. I used to use our body wash to shave with, but the hair conditioner works even better. I’m pretty sure it would work well shaving legs too.”
- Severe diaper rashes – “The Kukui Nut Body Lotion does wonders for severe diaper rashes. Leave it on overnight and its healed in the morning!!” – Kasey
- Shampoo, body wash, face wash, shaving and cleaning your puppy – “I use the natural soap, as shampoo, body wash, face wash, to shave and to suds up my pup. It is the best product out there!” – Doreen
- Preventing fluffy hair – “I used your moisturizer on my hair to prevent puffy hair.” – Kate
- Washing false teeth and getting rid of laundry stains – “My mother washes her false teeth with the soap. She also said it’s better than Shout for laundry stains.” – Albert
- Rashes – “A few months ago, our three-year-old started breaking out in a light rash on his back. We used this [Eczema] cream on it a couple of nights and it went away, after months of having applied other creams every single night just to keep it from getting inflamed. So that’s great, but then we really got to see what it can do. Two days ago, he woke up from his nap with a horrible heat rash covering his entire right leg. He said it was itchy, and it looked bad enough that I thought I was going to have to take him to the doctor on Monday. We applied this cream probably five times over the next 18 hours, and this morning the rash was about 90% better.”
So what about you? Are you finding any new uses for Carley’s products that we don’t know about? Send them here.